Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Crime Writing Month 2013

It's currently the Crime Writers' Association's crime writing month which ends on 15 July:
National Crime Writing Month is a unique literary festival throughout the UK which promotes the Crime genre, both fiction and non-fiction. It is a major annual initiative coordinated by the CWA, the Crime Writers' Association, a non-profit group dedicated to the promotion of the genre and to support professional writers, and the Crime Readers' Association with the help of volunteers and in partnership with many organisations in the UK.
Back in 2011 it was just a week - and I did a number of posts on the young crime solver. In 2012 it changed to a month and I did a number of posts including a guest post from Helen Moss, and reviews. In 2013 it's six weeks and Sam Hepburn kindly opened up crime season 2013 on this blog with her post on crime thrillers.

Over the next few days I'll be focusing on crime fiction for juniors and teens with a mixture of reviews and suggestions. A couple of books I've reviewed turned out not to be quite as crime-y as I'd expected but I'll include them anyway eg Liar & Spy by Rebecca Stead.

1 comment: