Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Publishing Deal - Francine Pascal

I thought this was already out in the US but it's not due to be published until 29 March. (April in the UK). From The Bookseller:

Arrow editor Gillian Holmes has bought an adult sequel to Francine Pascal's Sweet Valley High series.


Over 150 books in the YA series were published between 1983 and 2003. Pascal has now written a novel for adults, Sweet Valley Confidential, with the story of what happened when its lead characters, sisters Elizabeth and Jessica Wakefield, grew up.


Holmes said: "This is the book that every single woman who read Sweet Valley High when they were growing up has been longing for. When I walked around the office offering the typescript, I was mobbed by squealing women."


She added: "Everyone wants to know what happened next, and I can promise a few surprises."


Arrow ...will publish as a paperback original in April 2011.

1 comment:

  1. I was a bit young for Sweet Valley High, but I did read some of the Sweet Valley Twins books, so I'm familiar with the characters. This looks like it might be interesting...

    ReplyDelete