Saturday, May 1, 2010

Library Loot (46), purchases & a review copy


Library

Vampire Diaries: The Return - Nightfall by L J Smith
When Elena sacrificed herself to save the two vampire brothers who love her she was consigned to a fate beyond death. Until a powerful supernatural force pulled her back.Now Elena is not just human. She has powers. What's more, her blood pulses with a unique force that makes her irresistible to any vampire. Both brothers still want Elena to be theirs, but something bigger and more powerful than all of them may want her more...

Bought

I made a trip to Hay-on-Wye yesterday, the famous town of second-hand bookshops and I picked up a few crime novels as well as:

I wasn't able to find #1 in this series - Allie's Ghost Hunters - but picked up #2 and #3. I'm not sure which age range the series is aimed at:

Eustace by Catherine Jinks (Case #2)
After Allie's last experience with a ghost, she thought she was finally free of phantoms in her life - but that was before she went on a school trip to Hill End and found herself investigating several more of them. First there is the ghost of Granny Evans, pacing around the museum. Then she comes upon Eustace Harrow, possibly the ghost of a baby long dead, smashing things up in Taylor's cottage. When two of her classmates disappear, Allie realizes that things have gotten much more serious, and she must take action.

Eloise by Catherine Jinks (Case #3)
Playing about with ghosts can be dangerous and Alethea needs all her detective skills, and the help of her friends, to solve the mystery of Eloise. Alethea and her friends started the Exorcist Club to help Bettina's family, but a two-hour seance doesn't work and they decide to call in a psychic.

Perfect by Sara Shepard (#3 in the Pretty Little Liars series)
Spencer, Aria, Emily, Hanna and their best friend Alison were the most popular girls at Rosewood Day School. Alison was the group's ringleader, the one who knew all their darkest secrets. So when Alison vanished one night, Spencer, Aria, Emily, and Hanna's grief was tinged with relief. But when Ali's body was later discovered in her own backyard, the girls were forced to unearth some ugly memories of their old friend, too. Is there more to Alison's death than anyone realises? Now someone named A, someone who seems to know everything, is pointing the finger for Ali's murder at one of them. And A is poised to ruin their perfect little lives ...for ever.



Review

I won this House of Night bag on twitter and in the same lot of post, a copy of Burned arrived!

Burned
by P C & Kristin Cast (#7 in series) (no synopsis as it seems a bit spoilery, I've linked to it on amazon.)

5 comments:

  1. How lovely is the cover of Burned? I keep staring at it! All your books look ace - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read Burned either. Awesome books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just began reading Burned last night. I know that the whole Prettly Little Liars series was in our last book order my HS but I don't think they sound like my kind of books. I know my students will like them thought. I hope you enjoy your new books. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books, I have the same cover of Burned, isn't it lovely? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not started Pretty Little Liars yet - I have a bad(?) habit of buying whole series before trying the first book!

    The cover of Burned has come out well in my poor photo, I like it!

    ReplyDelete